Wednesday, December 7, 2011

HDBD

How Far Along: 38w

Total Weight Gain: 21 pounds. So happy for that. My appointment after Thanksgiving showed a 5 pound gain in two weeks. Thankfully, the following week showed a 4 pound loss. Amazing what the difference in appointment time (5:00PM for the gain, 8:30AM for the loss), and no holiday eating, can do.

Maternity Clothes: Yep, but I can still fit into some of my non-mat t-shirts

Sleep: Two Tums before bed helps with the heartburn. The past couple nights I've been wide awake for hours and had to move to the couch so my flopping around wouldn't keep M up. One of us needs sleep with AJ's issues.

Cravings or Aversions: I really wanted a Boston Cream Pie after watching The Best Thing I Ever Ate, on Food Network weeks ago. I picked up the ice cream version. I'll never eat it again, but at least I stopped thinking about the pie.

Best Moment This Week: Today is the 7th. Which means if this girl is going to keep up the birthday pattern set by the others (AJ 8/7, misscarriage 1/7, nephew 9/7, niece 6/7, anniversary 6/7, brother 11/7) However with my lack of any impending labor feelings, it looks like this one will skip on that tradition.

Movement: Constant and crazy, and a little painful at this point.

Gender: Girl.

Labor Signs: Sadly, nothing major.

Belly Button in or out: sort of out.

What I miss: bending, having a lap, standing without peeing myself

What I'm Looking Forward to: meeting this little girl

Weekly Wisdom: Make plans, and life happens 

Milestones: Any day now...

What the baby is up to:
Yow! If you feel a sort of lightening bolt running up and down your legs (and in your crotch), don’t freak out. At 38 weeks, baby’s probably sitting pretty low in your pelvis, which means he’s bumping into all kinds of nerves down there -- including some pretty sensitive ones you might not know you had. Be on the lookout for signs of labor, including contractions that come on stronger, at more regular intervals, and the “bloody show.” It could happen any day now -- or it might not be for a few weeks. Until then, try to relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment