Sunday, March 7, 2010

It's Spring!

Ok, so not quite, but it sure feels like it. We're in the middle of a beautiful weather weekend. Sunny and warm. Well, 50s which is warm for March. I took AJ on a long walk with her grandmother yesterday. We went along the local bike path. It's paved and scenic, great combination for walks using a stroller. It seems like everyday I find another reason to be happy to start a family in our little town.

I've had the windows open during the day the past two days, and am just waiting on the sun to come around a bit more before doing it again today. I don't think there's anything quite as wonderful as opening the windows after a long, cold winter. Even if it means putting on a sweatshirt to be comfy, it's in the mind. It makes me feel so happy and excited. As a bonus, I saw our tulips comming up. I'm not a huge fan of tulips, the previous owner planted them, but it's new growth, and that's enough for now.

Today will probably bring my first real attempt at yardwork. Last year I was too pregnant to do much around the outside and we still had too many projects to deal with on the inside. Oh the joys of buying an older house. I am looking forward to exploring the outdoors in a whole new way this year. I'll be able to see it through the eyes of AJ, exploring and learning about this new play area. I loved being outside as a child, and hope AJ loves it too. So far, she does. I've never seen a smile on her face as big as when she's getting a face full of wind. It makes me smile, and I thank God for her everyday.

Happy "Spring"!

No comments:

Post a Comment