Thursday, August 19, 2010

Hello again

So, it's been a while. In the past three months since my last post, I've become another year closer to the big 3-0, I believe I was battling some sort of depression, we adopted a dog, and my little girl turned 1. Wow, all that in just a few weeks. Crazy.

So turning 29 isn't a huge deal to me. The only thing I even noticed about it was that I had always hoped to be done having kids before 30. Guess that won't be happening since we hope to have at least one more.

As for the depression. I'm not exactly sure what that was about or even if it was that. I just know that for months I hated everything about my life, except my daughter. I couldn't bring myself to see anything good in any other part of every day life. I'm not sure what happened, but about a month ago I finally was able to kick the feeling and see the good things again.

Around the time I was getting out of that feeling, we went out looking for the perfect dog. We knew what would work for us and knew we wanted to adopt rather than go to a breeder. After searching 5 places in one day, we found the perfect dog at the last place on our list. He's a beagle mix named Sam. He's about 1-2 years old and was a local stray. He's well mannered and great with kids. He has been such a great addition to the family.

Earlier this month, the infant became a toddler. Crazy! She's such a big girl, walking around for about 2 months now, starting to figure out words and just a complete joy, even when she's a crank. We had a great Mickey Mouse Clubhouse themed party and it was a fantastic time. I'm so happy it's over though.

Hopefully I'll keep more current with this from now on. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment