Monday, February 28, 2011

Scentsy

So, yesterday I went to my first Scentsy party. I haven't been to a home party in a while. I'm usually really bad. Hosts love me because I'm the sucker. I plan what I'm going to get ahead of time. I tell M that I'll only get this, so no worries. Then, when it comes to looking through the books, I splurge. I ended up becomming an Arbonne consultant for a year just for the discount. I do love the product, but I'm not social enough to sell. I have also been a part of the Avon, Creative Memories, Tastefully Simple and Pampered Chef suckers. Thankfully I've been able to say no to jewelry parties.

So, what is Scentsy. It is no flame candles. Decorative warmers that function by light bulb (a la Easy Bake Oven). I went planning on getting a stuffed animal for AJ. I don't have spare outlets in our tiny old house, so I couldn't justify buying something that plugs in and serves no real purpose. I left with my checkbook smokin. Three warmers, one in each size and six scents. At least I was able to hold back and not get the really big scent packs. I have one that will go in the kitchen, one in the living room and one in the bathroom. Here's my reasoning, at least what I told M when I got home. I already have candles in the kitchen and bathroom. They are almost burned out and I'll need to get more. The one in the bathroom is up against the wall sitting on the back of the toilet. Everytime we light it, I have to go back in later and wash the wall and seat to get the soot off. It's horrible. So, I guess it was worth the try for me. We have animals, AJ and I love to cook/experiment, so there are always smells in the house. Not always nice ones. Since AJ has proven time and time again she likes to get into EVERYTHING, hot wax and flames seem like a bad combination with her running around. And, they're pretty.

Here's the kicker though. My "friends" talked me into hosting a party next month. Ugh! I have no spine.

No comments:

Post a Comment