Friday, April 23, 2010

Easily Excited

Yesterday morning I couldn't sleep. I was awake at 5:00AM. I had the day off work, AJ and M were still sleeping. I, however, felt like a kid at Christmas. Yesterday was delivery day. Our new couch was set to be delivered. After 11 years, there finally would be no more futons being used in my home. That should have been what was keeping me awake with excited anticipation. However, it was not. I was also waiting on two other deliveries, in the form of Fluff. I took the plunge and ordered cloth diapers for AJ. After discussing it with Matt, we came to the conclusion that this was worth an attempt.

I had never seen any of the items being delivered. Hence my excitement. It was the fear and excitement of the unknown. I had nervous knots in my belly all morning. I was stalking the tracking websites, waiting for my deliveries. Finally, the first box came. 12 prefolds and 2 Snappis. How exciting? It wasn't much, but I ripped that box open with a gusto I haven't shown since the days of Santa. Once I saw the first part of my new plan, I was even more nervous. It was real. I was actually going to do this. Eeek!

Less than 20 minutes later, the second box of fluff came. This was amazing. I was oohing and aahing over everything in the bag. The covers, the one-size, fitteds. Everything was amazing, soft and so darn cute. All the nervous-ness was gone. I now couldn't get these puppies in the wash and prepped quick enough. I didn't want to wait to see AJ with a fluffy bum.

After going through the stash, I packed up AJ and we got the remaining items we'd need to make the switch official. AJ was in her first cloth diaper in time for bed. I took so many pictures, and was extremely excited about the whole thing. I spent the rest of my TV viewing time stuffing one-sizes and trying to figure out where to put everything.

Oh, and the couch is nice too.

No comments:

Post a Comment