Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Sick day

Not all "firsts" are fun. This is just such a story. AJ and her cousin were playing all day yesterday. Then when I got home from work, I noticed neither of them looked quite right. I couldn't place it, and since AJ had just had shots the day before I figured she was just lethargic because of that. Then the cousin threw up, all over the bathroom. I think a drop or two may have actually hit the toilet, but the rest definitely didn't. As her father was picking that mess up, I looked at AJ and prayed she wouldn't experience her first real vomit just yet. I know there's a stomach bug going around, so there was difinitely a chance of it. While I'm worrying about stuff coming out the top, I hear that more stuff is actually coming out the bottom. Gross. I clean that mess up, and in the meantime, the cousin vomits again. Fabulous, at least she hit the toilet this time. My niece and brother-in-law leave hoping to make it back to their house before she erupts again. I try to get AJ to have some dinner, which she passes on. She doesn't want a sippy or mac & cheese. Yep, something is definitely not right. Then she crawls on the couch and lays down. All on her own. I know something's coming now.

I start to play on the computer, so she crawls on my lap to play too. Thar she blows! She was so scared, not knowing what was happening. I felt so useless, I hate that feeling. I get her in the tub, set Grammy up to clean her up while I take care of the living room and myself. AJ gets in her PJs, relaxes and is fine, until Grammy tries to give her back to me. She starts crying and, yep, here comes some more. Plus a fever to really top off the night.

Thankfully the eventful portion of our night was over by then. We both slept on the couch so I could keep an eye on her and now we're taking a sick day.

No comments:

Post a Comment