Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Day 3-Your first love

My first love. How boring. It is and was M. I had been in a grand total of 3 relationships before him and I can't say I honestly loved any of them. It was a love at first sight thing, and tha's all she wrote. M and I "met" online on yahoo personnals. My friends told me to go on to see if I'd meet anyone. I told them all I'd done the online thing and was done with it. To appease them, and show them what loosers would contact me online, I chose the cheapest site and put up a very sarcastic profile. Lo and behold I get a message from M. He's pretty cute and seemed to get my humor. We chatted online for a week before exchanging numbers. He called me just after Christmas and our first phone call lasted 7 hours. It was only ended by me saying that I had to pee, so we needed to hang up. By then it was 2AM.

We set up our first date for just after New Years. He drove an hour to my place and picked me up. He was much cuter in person than in the picture he put on his profile. We went to dinner and he had planned on going to a movie after, but we ended up talking at the restaurant for hours. Before we knew it they were trying to close and we had to leave. We didn't want to end the night just yet, so against everything my mother ever told me, I invited him back to my place after the first date.

Back at my apartment we talked for another long time, watched Monty Python's Flying Circus and some other random late night shows. He didn't leave until 2PM the next day. I met his family two weeks later and within in a month my niece and nephew were calling him Uncle.

No comments:

Post a Comment