Thursday, September 29, 2011

HDBD, sort of

How Far Along: 28w

Total Weight Gain: According to my first appointment, I'm up a total of 13 pounds. Yay!

Maternity Clothes: Yep, but I can still fit into some of my non-mat t-shirts

Sleep: heartburn or indigestion whatever it should be called has moved me to the couch a few times. Not a fan of sleeping sitting up.

Cravings or Aversions: Nothing really

Best Moment This Week: Passing the 1 hour GT test!!! Add to that, my iron levels were great, so no iron supplements this time either.

Movement: Constant and crazy. I'm losing hope on this one being my good sleeper.

Gender: Girl.

Labor Signs: nope.

Belly Button in or out: Still in, sort of

What I miss: Holding AJ for as long as I want. I'm finally starting to tire out faster when holding her.

What I'm Looking Forward to: Making cloth diapers

Weekly Wisdom: Each pregnancy really is different

Milestones: I just realized that in 90 days or less there will be a baby. Yikes!

What the baby is up to:
Welcome to the third trimester! Moms-to-be who are at 28 weeks and beyond are known for their lack of sleep. Remember if you find yourself up in the middle of the night, do something relaxing. This is not the time to vacuum the house from top to bottom -- even though you might feel the urge to do that at some point. Read a book, drink chamomile tea, listen to soothing music. Then try to get back to bed and get some rest! Being in the third trimester also means much of your and baby’s anatomy are ready to go -- she's prepping for breathing, and your breasts already have colostrum, which is what baby will eat the first few days until your milk comes in. You’ll also start feeling more Braxton Hicks contractions as your body gets ready for labor. Baby will keep getting bigger -- and smarter -- after week 28, and other than that, she just needs a few more finishing touches.

No comments:

Post a Comment