Thursday, September 1, 2011

HDBD

How Far Along: 24w

Total Weight Gain: 9 pounds in 4 weeks. I knew it was coming. My total gain now is 10 pounds. Not bad, as long as the next 4 weeks does not give me another 9 pound gain.

Maternity Clothes: I hit up a big sale, and have clothes for fall. Now I just need the weather to change so I can wear them, and some compression socks so I can wear the fall boots I already own without them getting stuck on my swollen feet by the end of the day.

Sleep: Still okay for the most part.

Cravings or Aversions: Nothing really

Best Moment This Week: M and my get away

Movement: Constant and crazy. I'm losing hope on this one being my good sleeper.

Gender: Girl.

Labor Signs: Please no.

Belly Button in or out: Still in

What I miss: Nothing at the moment

What I'm Looking Forward to: It's unofficially fall! Bring on everything fall related.

Weekly Wisdom: Don't rub my belly if you don't want me to rub yours too

Milestones: I have that horrid orange drink in the fridge. Just waiting, and taunting me with it's gross orange-y ness.

What the baby is up to:


Drink up! Around 24 weeks, your doctor will order a Glucose Tolerance Test -- one of the more memorable prenatal tests -- to see if you’re at risk for gestational diabetes. Basically, the test is designed to see how your body processes sugar, so you’ll be asked to drink a cup of a sweet drink called Glucola (which reminded us of Gatorade) and then hang out for an hour. Once the hour is up, you’ll have your blood drawn and then it will be tested to see how your body has processed the sugar. You know what’s also sweet? Those movements and kicks you’ve been feeling. They seem to get stronger every week. At week 24, baby’s progress isn’t just about internal stuff, it’s about her looks too. With pinker, more opaque skin, she’s looking more and more, well, like a baby. You, on the other hand, are probably experiencing some of the discomforts of the later months of pregnancy at week 24 -- leg cramps, backaches, swollen feet. Hang in there, mama-to-be!

your baby's the size of a papaya!
Your 10.5-to-11.8-inch fetus weighs about 12.7 to 20.8 ounces and every week she gets closer and closer to being ready to survive (and thrive!) in the outside world.

your baby at 24 weeks
  • Her see-through skin is gradually becoming more opaque.
  • And it's got a new pink glow, thanks to the small capillaries that have recently formed.

No comments:

Post a Comment