Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Hump Day Bump Day

How Far Along: 19w

Total Weight Gain: I'm not sure, but I know it's something. I've been eating like crazy lately. Generally not always the best choices either.

Maternity Clothes: I'm getting sick of the choices I have right now. I have one pair of maternity shorts. Not very helpful in a heatwave. Many skirts, but thanks to thigh chafe, that's not a great alternitive in those hot and humid days.

Sleep: Still having issues with AJ, but have been able to get her down and go back to my own bed. Due to heat though, the bedroom is a sauna, as is most of the rest of the house, so I found some interesting sleeping positions, M's fav was me on the floor in front of the fan next to the dog. Thankfully the heat broke for this week and it has been much better.

Cravings or Aversions: Still mainly Pepsi, but I wouldn't call it a true craving, just a want. I haven't had a true "I NEED TO HAVE THAT NOW" feeling yet.

Best Moment This Week: Tomorrow, tomorrow, I'll see this one, tomorrow

Movement: Yep, still that flippity flopity feeling.

Gender: 30 hours from now I hope this little one cooperates.

Labor Signs: Please no.

Belly Button in or out: In

What I miss: Having my summer clothes fit.

What I'm Looking Forward to: Either going through AJ's old clothes or figuring out what we need for a boy. I'm so antsy for this.

Weekly Wisdom: It is possible to wait 19 weeks to see LO for the first time, no matter what you read on thebump first tri boards.

Milestones: anatomy scan tomorrow! Did I happen to mention that yet?

What the baby is up to:
Baby's now the size of a mango!Vernix caseosa, a greasy white substance made of lanugo, oil, and dead skin cells (yum) now coats baby's skin, shielding it from the amniotic fluid. (Picture yourself after a nine-month bath, and the need for protection makes sense.) You might get to see the vernix at birth, especially if baby is premature.

1 comment:

  1. For chafing I use Monistat Soothing Care Chafing Relief Powder Gel and it really does help when wearing skirts. Sooths right away and helps with the chafing.
    Can't wait to hear if it is a boy or girl!

    ReplyDelete