Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Spoiled?

I swear I'm not one of those parents. You know, the one who will get their child everything and anything they ask for. I actually don't buy AJ much at all. I think I've bought maybe 15 outfits for her, and although I am one to give in to an impulse buy at the store here and there, it's never for a big ticket item. Those are reserved for Christmas and birthdays. So how did I get in the predicament that I have no idea what to get my child for her upcoming birthday?

She seriously lacks for nothing. She has toys galore, bags of clothes, a bookshelf stuffed full. She has a bike, a scooter, a laptop, a camera, heck the dog has even basically become hers. What else could this little person need?

Thanks to the enormous generosity of some great friends and family we have been able to get hand-me-downs from four different families. I am so truly blessed to have these people and these things as it has been such a help. However, I feel like I should give my daughter something for her birthday. But what? I have been racking my brain trying to think of what to do, but have not been able to come up with one good idea.

So, those few who read this... any thoughts?

4 comments:

  1. I was thinking about this for Evie's birthday and I think I am going to get her one of those starter necklaces where you can add a perl to for special occasions / gifts. http://www.addapearl.com/ The jewelry store we usually go to has them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or how about a starter charm bracelet where she can get charms on trips and add to it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. She might be too young still, but does she like when you paint her nails? You could take her to a salon to get them done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great ideas Morrigan and Amanda. I love the charm idea for future additions, and maybe some nail polish to add to her collection of 1 bottle as a gift she can get use of now. Thank you

    ReplyDelete