Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Two weeks

Two weeks ago I was in the hospital, watching a Top Chef marathon, waiting for the OB to come and break my water to get things going.

Today, AJ has school. I love that girl, but she was awake and wanting to play at 3AM, I was never so happy to pay for someone else to watch my child than this morning. I am loving spending some one-on-one time with the little. She's so alert and is really trying to focus on my face when I talk to her. Best of all though, when it's time to sleep, she does! That is the most amazing part. I relish every nap and never expect her to do it again. I don't want to jinx us, but it has been heaven to have a newborn that doesn't fight sleep.

As of this morning I'm 7 pounds from pre-pregnancy weight and spent a part of the morning packing up my maternity clothes to send off to Goodwill this weekend. My unofficial, and clothed, weigh-in of C showed 8lbs 8oz (AJ's birth weight). It's amazing to think that after two weeks, she's still smaller than her sister. AJ was our "Tank", C is our "Pipsqueek".

She is super strong though. She even rolled over already. It was a total fluke, just one of those things where she was mad enough and sort of threw her body which just happened to flip over. I can't believe she is strong enough to do that though. She'll be able to take on her sister in no time.

No comments:

Post a Comment