Thursday, January 26, 2012

Veggie tales

Sum up of last week's intro to veggies.

Veggies for last week: avacado, asparagus, cauliflower, spinich, leeks, red peppers
I cooked up a family pack of chicken breast to use throughout the week, so it's all chicken this week

Monday, I made a quesadilla. I had sundried tomato wraps, cooked chicken, cheese, salsa, frozen spinich. Put together, and voila, dinner. It was pretty good and filling. I was surprised.

Tuesday, was big salad night. M even ate the leeks and red peppers and didn't complain about them. Yet more food off his list of things he doesn't like. I used the avacado to try to make a salad dressing out of it with Greek yogurt. I was not a fan. M liked it. So, not a total loss, but not a huge success either.

Wednesday, I tried to make a cauliflower mash to go with the chicken. I used a 2/3 block of cheddar, 1/4 cup parmasean and still we were not fans of the cauliflower. So, with all that cheese not making a bit of difference, cauliflower is on the list of Not Going to Touch It veggies. I had some tomatoes instead and M opted for peas. At least we still ate veggies.

Thursday, spinich and tomato grilled cheese.

Friday was a success. I was just trying to use up stuff. The last of the chicken, a couple open boxes of pasta, a red pepper, half a leek. Surprisingly, cook the pasta, heat the rest of the stuff in a pan with some garlic and oil, and it was mighty tasty. It even was said to be a make again meal. Woot! I also made parmasean roasted asparagus. I thought it was edible, but not much more. AJ was not a fan at all, and M thought it was great. So, I guess asparagus will go back on our grocery list again at some point.

I was so surprised I actually made, and ate, so many veggies and actual dinners last week. It was nice to get back to cooking and creating in the kitchen again.

Still need to get to work on the exercise portion of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment