Thursday, February 18, 2010

Grace...FAIL!

I set a goal for myself a couple weeks ago. I was going to say Grace before sitting down to a meal. How many times did I remember to do this? 0. Zero. Zippo. Not even once. How sad is that? I'm so angry at myself for not making this a priority. M grew up saying Grace. He also mentioned he wanted it to be a part of life for us as a family when we have kids. Well, we have a kid. How many times have we said Grace since AJ has been around? A big fat nil! Jeesh, what's wrong with us?

I brought this issue up to M the other day. I asked if we could make this a part of our Lentin routine. Ash Wednesday was yesterday. We had fish for dinner. We had fish for lunch. However in both those meals, neither of us thought to say Grace. I'm so ashamed.

Today is the first full day of Lent. I haven't eaten yet, so I haven't failed for the day... yet. I hope to remember my own resolution. I WANT to make this a part of my life. Why do I keep blanking out on my own want. Usually I would say it is because Jesus has another plan when I forget something I really want to do, but this time? Really? Jesus doesn't want me to say Grace. That doesn't seem right.

I'll update on my progress. Hopefully it won't be another big fat Fail!

No comments:

Post a Comment