Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Too Soon

Why do they grow up so fast? Today, I was spending time with the in-laws, who watch AJ while I'm working. I was watching my father-in-law hold AJ's hands and she was walking around the living room. I'm not ready for this! She's not even crawling yet. She's not even seven months old, it's too soon. I know she'll probably be walking before she crawls, since she has zero interest in crawling she loves to stand and jump, but this is crazy.

Yesterday we were on a playdate. There was another girl there one month younger than AJ. However if you didn't know the age difference, you'd never guess they were so close. This girl wasn't rolling, wasn't sitting and had no interest in eating real food. AJ has been doing all this for two months now. Is it just her? I know parents always think their kids are more advanced, more beautiful, more everything than any other child, but I'm starting to look at other babies her age and seeing major differences between them.

Her well-baby visit is next week, so we'll see how she measures up to the official charts.

No comments:

Post a Comment