Monday, April 25, 2011

Maternity Monday

How Far Along: 5w5d

Total Weight Gain:  Ugh! 3 pounds. And that's after 3 days of walking around DC

Maternity Clothes:  I haven't pulled the old ones out yet, but the bloat is bad. I look like I'm closer to 4 months along by the end of the day

Sleep:  So far, so good this week. I haven't felt pregnancy related exhausted, but that could be because I was just overall exhausted.

Cravings or Aversions: Nothing specific yet. I was out to dinner on Friday night, and I thought the people two tables away loaded on the dressing. All I could smell was vinegar. Apparently I was the only one smelling this. The woman next to me with the clam chowder almost made me lose it.

Best Moment This Week: Being able to go on a walking vacation and not spot at all. Woot!

Movement: Definitely not yet, only gas movement for now.

Gender: No idea

Labor Signs: Please no.

Belly Button in or out: In

What I miss:  Not keeping secrets. I hate keeping this a secret, but we need to get further than I was last time, at least.

What I'm Looking Forward to: Feeling every symptom and knowing that each I feel is a very good sign.

Weekly Wisdom:  Don't over analyze every symptom or lack of, it will drive you crazy (I really need to take my own advice).

Milestones:  Called the OB, and the pee test confirmed I am actually knocked up. First appointments are scheduled

What the baby is up to: Baby's now the size of an appleseed!Your embryo, which doesn't look like much more than a tadpole right now, is actually starting to form major organs (heart, kidney, liver, stomach) and systems (nervous, circulatory, digestive). Baby's presence in your uterus triggers production of HCG (the hormone detected by pregnancy tests), which triggers the production of other hormones like estrogen and progesterone, which triggers all those great symptoms you've probably been noticing!

No comments:

Post a Comment