Monday, August 22, 2011

Baby-moon

Gah! I hate that term. I guess that's what it was though.

Friday, M surprises me by telling me he made arrangements for my mother to watch AJ Saturday and Sunday, and he booked a hotel for us, so we're getting away. He wasn't going to tell me until Saturday, but thankfully my mother stepped in, and reminded him (again) how I hate surprises. It was a very thoughtful gesture though.

So, Saturday morning we packed up and headed up to the mountains. We did some shopping at the outlets, which are fantastic. I picked up some needed clothes for the new baby, a fleece one piece, 3 pairs of socks and a pair of pants for $15. Yay! M found a new pair of Adidas running sneakers, final price $15! Woot! Unfortunately I couldn't find anything either AJ or I really needed, so we were out of luck in the shopping department.

After the outlets, and dodging the downpours that spouted up from no where (it was still sunny, but pouring), we headed down the long road to the hotel to see if we could find anything interesting on the ride. Since we had only had breakfast and it was now 3PM, we decided an early dinner would be a good plan. We came across a wood grille restaurant and it was fantastic. We had fantastic dinners, M enjoyed a local brew and we both scorched our mouths on the dessert that was heated up in that wood grill. Ouch!

Check in at the hotel didn't go as amazingly. Apparently hotels.com never forwarded the info for our reservation, and the resort stopped taking reservations 4 days earlier. Thankfully the lady said we could upgrade to a penthouse free of charge. So, we head up the mountain to the room. And up the mountain it is. What an amazing view though

We noticed the room only had 10 channels, and decided to head back to town to find something do to for the night. What can two parents without kids do to spend an evening? Mini-golf of course. It was a blast. We threw out the score card before the first hole, and just had fun. After, we went back to the resort and checked things out, they were doing karaoke near the main clubhouse, and that was painfully bad. I still have Beiber stuck in my head, and being attempted by a scared 10 year old made it that much worse. The game room had pool, so we tried our luck with that. Turns out pool is not my game. Although I still believe I should get super genius points for actually trying to play correctly and not getting a single ball in any hole for 20 minutes. It should be like that jump a peg game and extra points given for leaving so many pegs without a move to be made. Eh, someday I'll find a game I'm not horrible at.

A dip in the pool, then back to the room for TV and bed. It was a long day.

Of course, I'm in a quiet room, AC cranked, no kid and I wake up at 5:30AM. Ugh! At least I had a good sunrise to watch

I wake M up at 6:30, because I'm bored, it's cold out on the deck in just shorts and a tank top, (didn't expect to need warmer clothing). Well, we get ready for the day, I go to the slider to lock up the deck and see this

We looked for the Mama, but she must have crossed before we were looking. It was really amazing to see this. We checked out of the hotel, and went to breakfast before our planned hike in the woods.

I've been up in the mountains a lot in my life, but not for hiking very often. Mainly it's just for shopping. I was determined to get my round self into the beautiful area we were in and enjoy it, without a wallet.

We found some easy trails and walked a good 4-5 miles,


watched some rock climbers

and just enjoyed the morning.

Such a great weekend away.



No comments:

Post a Comment