Friday, August 19, 2011

Banana muffins

Sunday we had an ice cream party for AJ's birthday. In our bar of toppings, we had bananas. I purchased a bunch of six. One sad little banana was used at the party. As M and I hate bananas plain, we tried to pawn the remaining off on AJ. She had one, and that was plenty for her unfortunately. So as the week wore on, I had to stare at those bananas getting more brown by the hour and knew that baking would be done on my day off.

In my plan of baking I realize a huge error on my part, I have almost a cup of sugar and absolutely no butter in the house. Hmmm, well, that makes things interesting.

When my obvious recipes fail me, I go to allrecipes.com. There's always someone else there who had to alter a recipe to work with their ingredients or taste preferances. Thankfully, I found something I could work with. Sarah's Banana Bread Muffins

For the changes, I put in all four bananas, because, really, what am I going to do with one overripe banana? Also, has anyone eating a banana baked good ever complained that it was too banana-y? I'm getting a little tired of typing banana, and I have Gwen Stefani sining in my head now.

Ok, so all the fruit is in, since there is extra, I switch one cup of AP flour for whole wheat. Now it's a healthy baked good, which makes it better when I eat more. I also added some cinnamon. I like baking with cinamon, it makes me happy, and feels like fall, even when the house is 85 degrees.

The ones hot out of the oven tasted great. All soft muffin-y. This morning I had one straight off the counter, without heating, and it was a bit dry for my liking. Maybe it was the whole wheat flour, or maybe it was just telling me next time to buy more butter for smearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment