Wednesday, August 24, 2011

HDBD

How Far Along: 23w

Total Weight Gain: I don't weigh myself between appointments. It's way too scary.

Maternity Clothes: I need to go shopping. Thankfully the change in weather is on it's way, and I realized I only have one pair of jeans and one long sleeve top. Not quite enough to get me through December.

Sleep: M is jealous that my body pillow is getting more action than he is.

Cravings or Aversions: Nothing really

Best Moment This Week: M and my get away

Movement: I think M is teaching her karate moves while I sleep, because that girl can kick my bladder like a ninja

Gender: Girl.

Labor Signs: Please no.

Belly Button in or out: In, but at night, it's the wierd mix. I'm hoping to not have the turkey timer this time around either.

What I miss: Nothing at the moment

What I'm Looking Forward to: Another OB appointment Monday. I get to ask some questions I've thought of based on my want to go natural in the highest c-section rate hospital in the state

Weekly Wisdom: I'm not feeling very wise this week

Milestones: I snissed this morning for the first time ever. Gah!

What the baby is up to:
At 23 weeks, baby’s really getting ready for her big debut, listening in on what’s going on in the outside world. And you’re getting ready too. Just remember: While having the nursery painted and stocking it with diapers is important, there are some other pressing things you should have on your radar. Namely, financials. Around week 23 is a good time to call your and your partner’s insurance agent to check how you’re currently covered and decide what adjustments you’ll want to make for baby. You might also want to start thinking about writing a will, if you don’t have one, or updating your current one. How’s baby’s savings account going? If you’re like, “what savings account?” that’s okay. But decide whether or not you want to start one for her. One study found that kids who have their own savings account are more likely to go to college, and another one estimated the average cost of raising a baby until age 18 to be over $226,000. Whoa!

   
your baby's the size of a papaya!
At about 10.5 to 11.8 inches and about 12.7 to 20.8 ounces, baby's not just getting bigger, she's getting even cuter.

   
your baby at 23 weeks
  • She's forming little nipples (yeah, really!)
  • Her face is fully formed now -- she just needs a little extra fat to fill it out.
  • She's listening to your voice and your heartbeat -- and even to loud sounds like cars honking and dogs barking.

No comments:

Post a Comment