Monday, May 16, 2011

Maternity Monday

How Far Along: 8w5d
(Note: I am so nervous to be posting this. For some reason I feel like something is off, but I have no reasoning behind it.)
EDIT: Ok not so nervous anymore. Vomiting has made a first appearance after a day of feeling great.

Total Weight Gain: No clue.

Maternity Clothes: Not yet. A couple days last week I went to work rockin the BeBand. On Thursday I picked up some dresses for comfort. Unfortunately I got to wear one then it turned cold and rainy. Back to unbuttoning before the end of the day.

Sleep:  Some days I'm still exhausted, but the past few days it's been less.

Cravings or Aversions: Earlier last week I couldn't even think about food. I had Ramen for dinner, and even that was gross. It was all carbs, and that's it. As the week went on, I started feeling a bit better for a while. Friday night I had a PB&J in the car on the drive home since traffic was horrid and I felt like I should eat something. That sat in my throat until 8:30PM when I told M I wanted Chipotle. Sadly, there isn't one close by. I guess Chipotle could have been a craving, or I could have just been hungry. Eh, who knows.

Best Moment This Week: Still no bleeding. I have my first nurse visit this week. I'm going to see if she would be willing to attempt the doppler, since my next appoitment isn't until June

Movement: Definitely not yet. I did break out my cheapie doppler that I purchased when I was bleeding the last time but still saw a healthy baby. Sadly it arrived the day after the loss. I took it out of the closet it was stashed in, but since it's a true cheapie, I didn't hear anything good, even the box says not to expect anything until 14 weeks. Bummer.

Gender: Right now, I'm thinking maybe a girl, but who knows.

Labor Signs: Please no.

Belly Button in or out: In

What I miss:  I miss enjoying being pregnant. Nerves are getting the best of me the past few days.

What I'm Looking Forward to: Hopefully hearing a heartbeat soon.

Weekly Wisdom: Rainy days are great for being lazy

Milestones:  Nurse visit.

What the baby is up to:

Your Baby: Week 8


Your baby is growing like mad, putting on about a millimeter every day and continuing to straighten out in the trunk. Though you can't feel it yet, baby is moving those little arms, legs and (now only slightly) webbed fingers and toes like crazy.

1 comment:

  1. I know it's difficult but try not to let the worrying get the best of you. Being hopeful or excited about this pregnancy won't make it hurt any more or less if the worst happens. Looking back on my pregnancy I really wish I would've spent less time stressing and more time just enjoying the moment. It's so easy to get caught up in the fear, but don't let it rob you of your joy.

    :Big Hugs:

    ReplyDelete