Monday, May 23, 2011

Maternity Monday

How Far Along: 9w5d

Total Weight Gain: Still the same as pre BFP.

Maternity Clothes: Not yet. Rockin the BeBand. M brought the maternity clothes down from the attic. Now to wash and sort them. I forgot how much I had. Still need a couple things, but I should be good for a while.

Sleep: Some days I'm still exhausted, but the past few days it's been less.

Cravings or Aversions: Nothing specific or new. Still no interest in dinner most nights, but now I want dinner for breakfast and not into breakfast foods.

Best Moment This Week: I think I found the heartbeat on my doppler

Movement: I'm waiting to feel those first flutters, but I know it will be a few weeks yet.

Gender: Right now, I'm thinking maybe a girl, but who knows.

Labor Signs: Please no.

Belly Button in or out: In

What I miss:  Eating. I can barely finish a serving size that I used to find to be no problem. Also I miss my sweet tooth. A neighbor brought over a cheesecake sampler as a gift to us. It has been torture to look at it in the fridge and have no interest in eating it. Normally I would have that thing polished off in a day or two. So I guess the lack of a sweet tooth is a good thing, at least for my weigh-ins.

What I'm Looking Forward to: Telling family. There's a big family gathering this weekend, a celebration for my cousin's son who is seizure free for 18 months, and free of all seizure medications. A huge celebration is in order, as the epilepsy started at 13 months for him and he is almost 5 now. Also, not sure if I'm really looking forward to it, but I'll be 30 by the weekend.

Weekly Wisdom: Baby store registry checklists are a load of garbage. No baby needs all that stuff.

Milestones: 1/4 baked by Wednesday

What the baby is up to:

Your Baby: Week 9

Your little embryo has now officially graduated to fetus-hood. Adding to the excitement, a Doppler ultrasound device might be able to pick up the beating heart. With basic physical structures in place and increasingly distinct facial features, baby is kind of starting to look like... well... a baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment