Monday, March 28, 2011

Freezing

Last week M got some news. He has high cholesterol. Since this was the second time the military test came back high, he was told to see his PCP and figure out how to get it down. I know it's on my side of the family as well, I just haven't ever been tested. So, my weekly shopping trip became a family affair. M wanted to check out Trader Joe's, since it's my new favorite and he had never been there. We bought so many new things, interesting things to try, and some of the regular favorites.

When we got home, not all of it would fit in the freezer. Hmmm. While at the Farmer's Market I wanted a big freezer. Now after grocery shopping our freezer is full. Also, our house is the go-to for all family gatherings with M's side. A chest freezer was in order.

M and I went to Home Depot. We found one that we liked, we liked the price, however, it wouldn't fit in our car. So we went back home. My mother was over watching AJ while we shopped, so we took the back seats out of her SUV and borrowed that. We went to Lowe's because "they beat everyone's prices" right? Well, I guess, but the only freezers they had were either too small or too big for what we needed. I felt like Goldilocks. We leave Lowe's and head to another Home Depot. They have the one we were looking at originally. They only have the display model. I felt like Flo "DISCOUNT!" We head to the register and since Home Depot honors the price check system, they take military discount like Lowe's. So, again "DISCOUNT!".

So, now I have a chest freezer. As soon as it was up (or down) to temperature, I ran downstairs with some popsicles. I'm now dreaming of all the soup, stock and sauce I can make and store.

1 comment:

  1. I love our deep freezer! It is amazing on how much home made food I keep in it for weekdays/lazy days. You will love it!

    ReplyDelete