Thursday, March 10, 2011

Lent

I have been having a hard time with my relationship with the family church. I still love having a relationship with Jesus, but I don't feel comfortable in the church in which M was brough up. In fact, I feel like a hypocrite while attending mass there. However, these feelings towards the church, have no impact on my feelings towards my religion. So, a Lenten sacrafice is still in order.

Here goes: I am going to be nice, especially to M. It has been pointed out to me quite frequently lately that I've become very mean, mainly towards M. I take out my issues on him, and since he doesn't like conflict and will never say anything back, I have no problem escalating my behaviors. I haven't told him what I'm doing for Lent, and he hasn't asked. I'm curious if he'll make a comment about the change. I'm also going to try to be more aware of being judgy or critical of others. This is going to be very hard, but I feel it's in order.

So, no meat on Fridays and make a concious effort to be kinder. I really hope this goes better than last year's attempt at Lent.

1 comment:

  1. I am in the same exact shoes as you, and same Lenten promise. I dump on J all the time, kinda because I know he'll just take it and I need to vent. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete