Monday, March 28, 2011

Sans Kids

Three places of fun. First:
Sweet Kuppin Cakes. A bakery for cupcakes. Fancy flavors, normal flavors, and they're even normal sized cupcakes. Not those mountains that could be a birthday cake if you stick a candle in them. However the cupcake to frosting ratio is 1:1. A bit sweet. There were three of us making purchases that day, and we all got 6. Sadly there weren't any good crazy flavors that day. So we were "stuck" with Oreo, Oreo cheesecake, triple PB, red velvet, Thin Mint, Almond Joy, white chocolate raspberry, vanilla, chocolate. I don't think any of us got the Pinange (pineapple orange) or the Red Bull (each cupcake has 1 can of Red Bull). So good. Can't wait to go back.

Next stop
Indoor farmer's market at a HUGE greenhouse. AWESOME! There were so many vendors, plants, odds and ends. I would gladly drive an hour just to go back sometime. This was their last indoor version. I guess they think it will warm up sometime in the near future. There were so many people selling eggs, cuts of meat, products made with goat's milk, etc. Since I grew up on a farm, and my father still has a small version of one, I was so happy. It also made me want to have land so I could have chickens, pigs and goats. Oh well. My sister-in-law and I are going to see if we can talk my father into raising us some pigs on his land. Hmmm, not sure how his wife will feel about that. I also realized I'd have nowhere to store any meat should I buy bulk locally. After buying some iced green tea, we were off to stop 3

Home and Garden Show at the college. So many vendors. But the most exciting parts were raffles. I think I entered at least 20. I don't even know what I was entering by the end, just throwing my name in the bucket. They had a "meet the chefs" section, so we spent some time watching Mary Ann Esposito, of Ciao Italia (PBS cooking show, slightly more production value than Julia Child had). Once we realzed she was demonstrating how to use frozen puff pastry, we left. We bought some gourmet popcorn, and were headed off for lunch

Margaritas. Nothing is quite as much fun as drinking in the afternoon, when the kids aren't around.

It was so much fun to spend the day with family and not have to worry about a diaper change all day. Ahhhh, to feel like a functioning adult instead of just a mom.

1 comment: