Sunday, June 12, 2011

Sundae Sunday

For AJ's first birthday we did a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse theme. Since it was her first, we went all out. We rented out the church hall, set up a photo slideshow and invited close to 100 people (we only invited family, we have big families).

This year it will be just immediate family, which for most would be a small gathering. For us, that still means over 30 people. So a theme is requried. My sister-in-law is an amazing party thrower. I can remember each year of her kids by the theme of the party. I want AJ to have the same, or at least I want to feel the same for her. I had a great (I thought) idea of Candy Land. Cute candies, lots of color, sugar and fun. One big problem... AJ isn't a big candy fan. Hmmm. How about cupcakes? Lots of choices, combos and fun for me. I love the idea, and will still use some cupcakes, however... AJ isn't a fan of cake. Yep, I got one of those odities as a child, one who prefers crackers to sweets. How is a baker to deal with this?

Find the one sweet she actually likes. ICE CREAM!!!

AJ's birthday is on a Sunday this year, so we will be having a Sundae Sunday. I'm super excited to figure out toppings for our ice cream shmorgasbord. There's a place I grew up going to that has a huge ice cream buffet. M and I brought AJ there last fall, and she loved it. So many options, each bite could be different. Yay!

I still plan on making cupcakes, maybe just two kinds though. Some people (read: me) will want cake too at a birthday party, so there will be cupcakes decorated like... you guessed it. Sundaes.

I am super excited to start thinking and planning, and try to ignore the difficult part that my little baby will officially enter the Terrible Twos.

2 comments:

  1. here is a link to some cute free printable ice cream party invites and ideas
    http://www.thedatingdivas.com/just-the-two-of-us/after-hours/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have made ice cream cone cupcakes before. ou could get the sundae waffle bowls and bake the cupcakes int here and then decorate them like a sundae!

    ReplyDelete